Our tax management extends beyond investing, too, into all aspects of planning. To put you in control of your tax liability, we sometimes allow positions to grow over the long term, engage in tax-loss harvesting to offset gains, or use strategically-timed IRA withdrawals.
We’re also vigilant about the ways inheritance and estate taxes can erode your legacy. Our wealth transfer strategies are designed to minimize estate taxes and, in some cases, eliminate them completely. Our tax-friendly strategies include gifting highly appreciated stock, donor advised funds, bunched gifting, charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and more.*
From the beginning of our relationship, we’ll explore essential tax questions with you, like:
- What strategies will reduce your current burden of federal, state, property, stock options and capital gains taxes?
- Are you selling a business, or planning to sell one in the future?
- What’s the status of your 401(k), Roth, IRA or other retirement accounts?
Our ongoing tax support encompasses:
- Control of current tax liability
- Annual tax management review
- Estate tax reduction strategies
- Concentrated stock planning
- Integration and coordination with your CPA
Taxes are a central factor, whether you’re investing, buying a home or planning your legacy. We’ll help you keep taxes in check and preserve your real wealth.
To grow your wealth and maximize your income, strategic tax planning is critical.
Lou Abel, Portfolio Manager